| IN THIS SECTION:
Ten reasons why drinking alchohol is dangerous for young people
- excerpted from "Dr. Knight's top 10 reasons why drinking alcohol is dangerous for young people" in the
book Freaked Out,
book #7 from the award-winning Beacon Street Girls book series.
- Alcohol can cause car crashes and other deadly accidents.
- Alcohol makes some people become violent.
- Alcohol can make good kids make really bad decisions.
- Alcohol can damage the developing brain by killing off brain cells.
- Alcohol can hurt your liver, which you need to clean your blood.
- Alcohol can make you feel really depressed and sad, and even become suicidal.
- Alcohol is illegal.
- Young people who drink are more likely to experiment with other drugs.
- Alcohol can lead to sexual assaults and unplanned pregnancy.
- Kids who start drinking before age 15 are 4 times more likely to develop alcoholism than someone who waits until they are 21 before they start.
For a pdf version of this list, click here.